Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Exploring...

I haven't posted in a while and for this I apologize. It seems that my life has gotten a bit busier with each passing week that I am here. We moved into our new apartment. I was finally able to shed the constraints of the couch and now I can toss around wildly in my own bed. I've done some decorating and I must say, my room is pretty adorable. Maybe not adorable, just me. I begin my volunteer time at the Boys Club of New York, made new friends, got my first NY paycheck, wrote my first grad school paper and even had friends visit from back home. This place is really starting to feel like home.

Living here is like a dream. It really has awakened my desire for travel. I want to try new foods that I'm pretty sure I won't like, I want to see things that are older than anything I've ever seen, I want to learn about new religions/belief systems (not because I'm looking to convert but because there is wisdom to be gained from it), I want to stand on a mountain and cry like a baby because of the beauty, I want to know about suffering around the world and what I can do to love an encourage those who are living in it. I'm tired of excuses and limitations. I'm just going to go! I've compiled a list of places I am planning to go, I've just got to figure out my timeline and the specifics of each trip.

1. Thailand
2. India
3. Kenya
4. Rome
5. Paris
6. London
7. Guatemala
8. Canada
9. Russia (again)
10. Greece
11. Spain
12. Ireland
13. Egypt
14. Romania (because I loved their gymnasts lol)
15. Philippines
16. The Indian Ocean

So here's the question, who's going with me and where are we going first?!

1 comment:

  1. Guatemala: loveddd it! Gorgeous land/scenery/weather. We visited the Buckner orphanage and ministered to those kiddos, as well as a mother's home (to teenage moms) and a baby home (the babies of teenage moms). Definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete