Thursday, August 25, 2011

Perspective...

Is something I am eternally grateful for! I mean, how beautiful is it that when we get discouraged and overwhelmed, God is right there to pick us up and remind us that we don't have to live by our own strength, rather we lean and depend on His. I'm so pumped about that! Perspective is truly a blessing when it leads us to Christ. Know what I mean Sam??

So the job hunt continues. I feel like I'm putting a lot into it so hopefully that will mean a great return. Spoke to some friends last night while waiting to get seated for dinner (we waited 2 hours)! They have lived in NY for a while and have great insight into the job market here. Basically they told me I need to meet people. Which makes sense. With seemingly 1 billion people living in Manhattan, employers get a bombardment of resumes and cover letters from people who are great at what they do. So I'm competing against a bunch of "me's." I was encouraged by this because I feel like I'm much better in person than on paper lol. I'm pretty pumped because tomorrow I have a reception at my school for new grad students and I'm hoping to make an impression on the staff and other students. The networking is about to get REAL!

Please keep praying for me. Not sure who I'm talking to because I have no idea if people actually read my blog. But if you do, keep thinking about me. I'm just a little girl in a big city trying to make big things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment