Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bits of sunshine...

Tomorrow marks 2 weeks that I have been away from everything in my life that made sense. Family, friends, career. I miss it all and I must admit, the last few days I have reflected on everything I left behind and have been filled with some sadness. But it's a good sadness. It gave me a glimpse of how incredibly blessed I am and how much of an amazing life I have lived! How many people can say that they came from nothing and are now fully living their dream. Every single day, I get the opportunity to make choices. I have choices. That's huge!! (Sorry if this thought shot is kind of jumbled, complete and utter joy is a difficult thing to express in words).

So on Friday I made a choice. I chose to go to a grad school welcome reception. I thought it was going to be awkward and not many people would be there but it turned out to be AMAZING! I even met the president of my college and let me tell you, she is the cutest little spitfire I've ever met in my life. She's maybe 5 feet tall (like me) and all of 100 pounds (not like me lol). She could barely be seen over the podium but when she spoke, you best believe I listened. I was highly inspired by the charm, power and eloquence with which she spoke. I think it's rare that you meet people who's passion literally oozes out of their skin but she is the epitome of passion! I loved it! I also met a couple of new people and had great conversation. I laughed, I made jokes, I worked that room like my life depended on it. I felt like me again and it was exhilarating!

Tomorrow I am choosing to call some jobs that I have applied to. Hopefully my winning charm will be felt through the phone and convince potential employers to at least set me up with an interview. Fingers crossed, prayers going up. Let's get 'er done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment