Wednesday, August 31, 2011

So much concrete...

Today marked the first day of class for me and boy was it a day. I thought it would be an ok idea to trot around the city all day before going to class at 7:30. Never again will I make that mistake. I was exhausted! It's not like living in Texas where if I go somewhere I just drive, get to my destination and chill. It is like running a freaking marathon. Ok so I'm being super dramatic right now but walking around in Payless flats for several hours is not a smart thing to do in the city, let me tell ya! My puppies were barking like nobody's business. But I did get some pretty lip gloss and the new Margaret Peterson Haddix book from a Barnes and Noble I just happen upon.

Class will be interesting, I can already tell. There is this one guy in the class who enjoys "playing devil's advocate." That's just a fancy way of saying he wants to be a jerk and disagree with EVERYTHING everyone else says. He's kinda cute though so that's one redeeming quality, but looks only take you so far. JK. There will be lots of work on my plate. I'm glad that I decided to only take 1 class this semester. Having to learn the city, find a job and study for it will be enough for me without adding another course load.

I am truly loving living here! I know I have said this before but God is just reaffirming my decision day by day in big and small ways. Even though I haven't found a job, I don't have to be super worried because God has provided financially for me previous to moving here and it feels really good. I'm not saying I'm rolling in dough by any means but I am thankful that I am able to take care of the things that need taking care of without a great deal of stress. I am hopeful, but more importantly prayful, that He will provide a job soon so that I can continue to be worry free concerning money and continue to enjoy this new adventure. Keep praying with me, will you??

No comments:

Post a Comment