Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Finally here...

I finally made it to the city! Over the weekend I said my goodbye's to friends and family, cried, laughed and hugged a lot. But now I'm finally here. I was surprised by the anxiety I felt over the weekend. Doubts started swirling all around my head. I started questioning if I wasn't crazy for doing this. My life in Texas was amazing! Completely ideal and comfortable. So I had to ask myself why I would be giving it up. Then Monday came, and all of that doubt was washed away. Even though I arrived 5 hours later than I was scheduled to, I still felt so much peace the entire day. Praise Jesus!

So here I am, in Brooklyn. I've already grocery shopped and applied for a couple more jobs. School stuff starts next week and I am super pumped! There is nothing like inner peace and joy that can only come from our Creator. Today, I'm thankful for that peace and joy because comfort and happiness is fleeting, but nothing can take away my God given peace and joy.

I can't wait to see how God is going to use my new surroundings to bring about His glory. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment