Monday, August 8, 2011

On the home stretch...

With one week left until I make the big move, I can't help but to feel uber excited, anxious and a little bit nervous. I just wanted to write a quick post about what friends could be praying for as I make this journey.

1. Safe travel
2. Apartment hunting
3. Job hunting
4. Loneliness - Although I have amazing friends that I will be staying with, I still worry about missing my family here in Texas. Pray that God would provide more friendships and a sense of "home" while in the city.
5. Church - I found a church that I really liked back in March. Pray that I would find community there and not be afraid to put myself out there in order to gain authentic, biblical community.
6. School - I need to study! lol
7. Finances - Pray that I would be wise about how I spend money, especially since I don't have a job yet!

It's been a crazy mental ride over the last few months but God has really taught me to take things one day at a time. As I think about the future and all that could happen, I'm reminded of Matthew 6:34; "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." I am in constant prayer for my "daily bread" because I know that God gives us what we need to make it through each day. And I'm realizing that if I take care of today, I am preparing for tomorrow so there is no need to worry. There is only need for prayer and trust in God!

No comments:

Post a Comment